Plex - No soup for you! You do not have access to this server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurence Milton

Dabbler
Server Version#: FreeNAS-11.2 Plex Server Version 1.13.8.5395

Plex was working fine for me running in an iocage jail and installed using Pentafke's guide in the Resource area.

I upgraded it which resulted in the error I describe below. Thinking the problem could be in the upgrade I deleted the jail and recreated it again using the same guide.

Each time I reinstall I get the same issue.

When I first install Plex I can see my server locally and I can play the media files. Everything seems to be working fine except that I get an orange band across the top of the screen saying that I need to claim the server. As soon as I claim the server it disappears and I get the subject error. From then on I cannot see my server from Plex.

I can ping the server IP fine, and all my other apps such as sonarr etc all work fine. It is only Plex that I am having a problem with.

I have searched this forum and others for similar error messages but non of the solutions worked for me.

The log https://www.dropbox.com/s/cuvldumufnxvp1x/Plex Media Server.log?dl=0

Any assistance appreciated

eldo

Explorer
Without knowing what all you've tried it's difficult to attempt to help.

Can you access it from logging in to plex.tv with your account you claimed it with?

Newer versions of Plex will auto-block all, or almost all, unauthenticated traffic.
What do you have in the following:
Setting -> Server -> Network (select show advanced) -> 'List of IP addresses and networks that are allowed without auth'

What I had to do was put my network and subnet mask in the box:
192.168.0.0/24

Then any IP that's on the 192.168.0.x network will be able to use it without logging into an account. Otherwise it will just /not/ load at all.

Laurence Milton

Dabbler
Thanks Eldo. I completely deleted my Plex Jail and installed the Plex Plugin using the 11.2 GUI. This has fixed the problem and I am now using Plex again.

Status
Not open for further replies.