Plex update "You do not have permission to access this server"

Status
Not open for further replies.

d brown

Dabbler
After updating the plex plugin to version 0.9.12.1.1079 (freenas 9.3), when connecting to the local machine/jail @ port 32400 I am presented with login page for plex, this works and validates by login credentials.

When logged into plex you can access settings, announcements etc. but nothing for the server itself (media etc.) just a notice on one side stating "You do not have permission to access this server".

I found a post on the nas4free forum that seems to be for the similar problem (http://forums.nas4free.org/viewtopic.php?t=8273), but its missing details and may not be correct for freenas.

Please can someone advise?

Last edited:

d brown

Dabbler
No, no luck. I'm not familiar enough with the software to go delving and initial SSH-ing test failed to connect, probably as i'm connecting over a VPN.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
did you try disabling security from the plex menu available in the left panel of the freenas webui?

this isn't a freenas related issue, it can happen anytime plex is on a server not being accessed locally. but freenas includes that option so users can get past this hurdle without touching the command line.

Status
Not open for further replies.