Plex library not auto updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pippydigg

Cadet
Hey, apologies if this has already been asked a lot but I did some searching and all i could find was this here - it seems quite old now and not sure if it ever got fully rectified, and I didn't really understand the workaround in the linked thread.

So basically yeh, Plex does not automatically update the libraries even though it is selected. I have the latest updates for both Freenas and Plex plugin installed, I know I can set it to do interval scanning but I would ideally like it just to pick it up when needed. Is this still a known issue? Is there an easy fix (that i understand ;) )

Thanks

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Sounds like a Plex issue.

danb35

Hall of Famer
It's my understanding that automatically detecting changes doesn't work due to the way storage is mounted to a jail. The only viable option is to schedule library scans at an acceptable interval.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I use the notifications options in sickrage, and couch potato that sends notifications to the Plex server to update

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Plex uses inotify to update plex libraries this feature doesn't exist in FreeBSD. FreeBSD uses kqueue which isn't supported by plex. Plex isn't fully compatible with FreeBSD and this is one of those areas. I use a scheduled scan and also a notify feature of sonarr.

Pippydigg

Cadet
Thanks guys, I assumed that based on other threads but didn't know whether it had been rectified as there didn't seem to be much said on it for a while. I'll look in to the other plugins mentioned above, do you know of any guides Pirateghost (or others) - thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.