Plex jail no network connection

ynk1121

Dabbler
Everything had been working great. Was using Plex last night to watch movies with no issues. Went to sleep. Tried to listen to music at work this morning and it said my server was unavailable.

--1st I tried restarting the jail
--2nd I tried restarting the server
--3rd went into the shell of the jail. Can’t ping anything outside or inside the network ("Host is down").
--4th went into the shell of truenas. No issues pinging inside and outside the network.

Jail network settings attached not that I believe that is the issue because it has been working fine for over a month and I haven’t changed anything. Any ideas?

Edit: TrueNAS version 13.0-U6.1

Screenshot 2024-03-21 152708.png

Did you happen to create (at any point) ipfw/firewall rules in this jail?

@Patrick M. Hausen might be able to clue you in if this deals with improper bridge/vnet configuration.

ynk1121

Dabbler
No one is going to believe this one... Spent hours googling and trying things. Could not get it to ping anything. Absolutely nothing worked. Out of frustration I shutdown truenas, waited 15 seconds, powered back on, and its freaking working fine. o_O One of the first things I did was restart the machine though. Not sure if it one of the million things I tried in combination with shutting down that did it or what. At least its working now. I wish I knew exactly what fixed it so if it ever happened again I wouldn't have to waste hours again.

Winnie does it again! Glad to have helped you with my expertise and thorough troubleshooting steps!