Plex Jail issues on Freenas 11.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

drinking12many

Contributor
Im posting this to help someone else mostly in case you run into similar issues with the Plex 11.0 Jail without hunting through bug reports etc.

I installed the Plex jail, it wasn't working. If you just get page cannot be displayed do the following this will verify plex is at least installed and set it up ot run.

1. Open a console to the Jail
2. Try "service plexmediaserver start" to see if it is even installed, in my case it wasn't there.
3. "pkg install plexmediaserver" if it's not there
4. "sysrc plexmediaserver_enable=YES" to set it to start automatically, now for some reason on my first Freenas reboot this setting reverted to No.... so I had to run this again.
5. then "service plexmediaserver start"

I know its simple, but not being familiar with the jail it took me a little bit to find this and get mine back up and running. Hope it helps someone.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I installed the Plex jail, it wasn't working.
When you say "the Plex jail", do you mean the plugin? If so, be aware that plugins aren't turned on automatically when installed. You need to go to Plugins -> Installed and turn on the plugin you've installed. See https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/7564. Bad design IMO, but that's the way it works.

If you aren't talking about the plugin, this needs a bit of background. If you just created a blank jail, of course Plex wouldn't be working yet.

drinking12many

Contributor
Yes I mean the plug-in, the jail was created with the plug-in and started, but when I went to the console of the jail to see why plex wasnt started the plex app was not installed. When looking through bug reports there were a few people saying it wasn't working. This is how I resolved it with the help of some of the bug report comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.