Plex Iocage Write Permission Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

samshoun

Cadet
So my plexpass iocage jail is unable to write although the fstab entry indicates it should be able to.

Code:
iocage fstab -a plex /mnt/MediaVolume/Media /mnt/media nullfs rw 0 0

This is what was entered when the jail was created and what the fstab listing depicts. The plex jail is unable to "optimize" and the DVR is unable to record due to being unable to write. According to plex - "Converted files cannot be written to the server's disk"

I chown'd the iocage plex user to the media share and it allows writing but then the primary Freenas user/group obviously cannot write to the share.

Code:
iocage exec plex chown -R plex:plex /mnt/media

How do I allow both the primary Freenas group and the iocage jail to write to the share?

fracai

Guru
You can solve this by making a "media" group. Actually, depending on your FreeNAS version, there may already be one created by the OS. So, whether it's there or you create it, create a matching group with the same GID in your plex jail. Make your FreeNAS user and the plex user part of that media group. Then set the group of those files to be that media group and make sure the files are group writeable.

samshoun

Cadet
Prior to whinging here, I had made a user with the same UID but that didn't work.

Making a group with the same GID as the iocage jail group did. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.