PLEX downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucian Pavel

Cadet
I made the mistake of upgrading PLEX to plexmediaserver-1.8.4.4249-amd64 last night (from the FreeNAS interface - Plugins / Installed / Update). This is a jail running on FreeNAS-9.10-STABLE-201606270534. Since the upgrade, the web UI is broken on my Samsung TV (used to browse to it with the SmartTV browser), and it does not show correctly on the iPhone either. It works great in a PC browser. For some reason I had the periodic snapshots disabled, so I cannot go back to the previous version using the snapshot. Is there an easy way to downgrade to a previous version ?

I found this > https://download.freenas.org/plugins/9/x64/ with a list of .pbi packages which I think is what i need, but not a clear way to downgrade. I would prefer not to break it more than it is :)

Any assistance would be appreciated.

styno

Patron
I never did this, but I guess you can try to manually upload an older .pbi file.
(take a snapshot first, or better -as you already discovered- enable recursive periodic snapshots.)

Lucian Pavel

Cadet
Thanks for the reply. I thought something like that might be needed, but I can't find a post on how to accomplish that. Anyone that might point me to a relevant guide ?

ovizii

Patron
Thanks for the reply. I thought something like that might be needed, but I can't find a post on how to accomplish that. Anyone that might point me to a relevant guide ?
You download the older .pbi, go to Freenas GUI => Jails => select the plex jail, at the bottom somewhere should be a button allowing to upload the .pbi file into this jail.

###edit###
it might be smart to do a snapshot of the jail before doing this.

Lucian Pavel

Cadet
I eventually got to trying this. What i did though was add a secondary jail, set it up as i needed, upgrade to plexmediaserver-1.8.4.4249-amd64 then upload the pbi for plexmediaserver-1.8.1.4139-amd64 ... I restarted the jail and i could access the older (1.8.1) version of PMS. However now i have both versions of the plugin showing as "installed" under Plugins / installed. If i attempt to "turn off" the newer version, i cannot access the web UI anymore.

I did not have time to check if anything got broken during the upgrade and the fact that both versions show in there are for now just an annoyance, but looks like it might be possible to downgrade without much risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.