how to downgrade plexmediaserver plugin in jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkme

Contributor
OK,

I have now the plexmediaserver version I want

PlexMediaServer-1.7.6.4058-8fa494d15-freebsd-amd64.tar.bz2 (Version 1.7.5.4035 is installed by the plugin)

and I can transfer it to my jail, but where and how would I install/downgrade it?

Sorry guys, but it takes some time until I have a better understanding of FreeBSD and jails ;-)

danb35

Hall of Famer
How is changing from a lower version to a higher version "downgrading"? That's what we usually call an upgrade.

If you want to mess with upgrading the version of Plex in the plugin, look at this handy script.

dirkme

Contributor
How is changing from a lower version to a higher version "downgrading"? That's what we usually call an upgrade.

If you want to mess with upgrading the version of Plex in the plugin, look at this handy script.
I know what downgrading is :smile: however, I installed
Code:
pkg install plexmediaserver-plexpass
in a jail and that works now just fine ;-)

If I do a system update and there would be a new version available, would it update the jail or do I have to update the jail manually?

danb35

Hall of Famer
I know what downgrading is
Then why did you ask about going from a lower version to a higher version, and call it downgrading?
pkg install plexmediaserver-plexpass
in a jail and that works now just fine ;-)
It should. It's also completely different that what you asked about last night.
If I do a system update and there would be a new version available, would it update the jail
No, jails aren't affected by system updates. You'd need to upgrade the jail manually. pkg upgrade would be the command.

Status
Not open for further replies.