Plex Database Folder Permissions Inside Jails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanri010

Explorer
For the life of me I can't figure out the permissions to allow me to write/edit the folders and contents inside the Plex database folder inside the jail. I've got a backed up plex library with all the metadata exactly the way I want it and I want to go into the jail and delete/replace the library folder with the backed up library but I can't seem to figure out how to delete that folder. It keeps on telling me I don't have permissions to delete the folder in the jail.

I'm sure I can just 777 the folder but what is the correct way to give me access to that folder within windows?

My main shares are under the owner "Master" with the UID of 1000. I've got a plex user 972 and I even tried adding Master as a user in the jail but it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 309

scrappy

Patron
If you haven't yet created a plex group and user in your FreeNAS user accounts then do so now. Then make sure their UID and GID numbers match what plex's UID, GID is from the jail. You can type id plex in the jail shell to find out. After that change the user and group to plex:plex of the FreeNAS dataset you're sharing to your jail.

Stanri010

Explorer
I do have a plex user already created that has the default 972 UID. The problem isn't plex not being able to access the shares. The problem is I'm not able to go in and edit the folders within the jails.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Do it from the main shell as root not inside the jail. rm -r /path/to/directory/to/delete

Stanri010

Explorer
That's what I did to zap the folder but I can't put the folder I want back in there. It says I can't write to that folder.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Did you change the permissions of your plex jail dataset?

Stanri010

Explorer
No, I didn't. If I were to change the permissions of the plex jail, then plex would fail to launch...

Status
Not open for further replies.