Photoprism Installation on Truenas Scale

Kremer

Cadet
Hello. As a newbie, I of course first used the search function but unfortunately didn't find an answer that would help me. I would like to install original Photoprism app on Truenas Scale. I just can not manage it. Tried about 100 times with Dataset etc. Is there perhaps a guide or a video?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2023-10-11 um 19.18.39.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-10-11 um 19.18.39.png
    278.3 KB · Views: 670

sfatula

Guru
I have the IX version of the app installed, so, if you have any trouble after the tutorial let me know.

PZL0013

Dabbler
I have the IX version of the app installed, so, if you have any trouble after the tutorial let me know.
I'd like some help please. Completely new to Linux and don't really understand how it all works

I installed the IX/TrueNAS version without changing any arguments (except for the password). It installs and runs out of the box but how does the storage configuration work?

I have all my TrueNAS apps running off one hdd and all data (including photos) on another hdd. How do I configure Photoprism so it runs as such?

samlarsen18

Cadet
You need to set the volumes in the configuration menu. Make sure there is a dataset with permissions given to the "apps" (ID 568) user. This is the default user when setting up Photoprism. By default the PhotoPrism config and cache information will be stored in a hidden volume called "ix-applications." You can configure this to be someplace else by enabling the Custom Host Path for Photo Prism Storage option and providing a location for the config to be stored. Just remember that wherever this location is, it will need the "apps" user to have full access.

For the photo storage, this can be specified in the "Enable Custom Host Path for Photo Prism Original Storage Volume" option. This can point to where you want to store your photos. This volume also needs permission given to the "apps" user, if you went with the default user. I think you only need Read Only permission, but you'd also have to enable it. I just gave "apps" full permission.

For example my options look something like this:

Photoprism storage:
/mnt/TrueNas/AppConfig/photoprism

Photoprism originals:
/mnt/TrueNas/Cloud/photos

You can also set an import directory, but I didn't bother with that.