Photoprism: Enable POD resource limits

mdadamia

Cadet
Hi

I'm a total newbie to TrueNAS Scale...

Got my TrueNAS scale up and running and managed to install and started using Photoprism.

I've noticed that when using the web interface of Photoprism and while importing pictures that my CPU usage and temperature goes up to 100%.

There is an option to set resource limits, which I have Googled and entered the limits but it comes up with errors when I click on update, it's not accepting the limits I entered.

Could someone please advise what values can I use when entering limits so as not to have my cpu usage and temperature go up to 100% when using using the web interface to import my pictures into the library. I don't want to overwork or overheat the cpu and I have thousands of pictures that need to be imported.

I am currently importing 30 or so pictures at a time and stop the import when usage and temperature reaches 90 degrees.

Any kind of help and advice is highly appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-26 093853.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-26 093853.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 50

RychlejBen

Cadet
I don't think high CPU usage is a problem unless it causes slow system response in other applications. CPU temperatures around 90 degrees are completely normal for modern processors. (if you don't have really good cooling, cpu turbo frequencies are limited by temperature)

TIP: If you import a really large number of photos, it is faster to create a directory in the import folder and upload them there. Photoprism will then create a subdirectory with the same name in the originals folder, where it will upload them.