Permissions too lax?

NYRANGERS423

Dabbler
I was trying to insall a plugin and in the shell I get a pkg error:
- pkg-static: /var/db/pkg permissions (0775) too lax

Is this a permission issue within iocage or my jails. I am running on freenas 11.2.

szilaga

Cadet
I had the same problem. I am not sure I did this right, but on a related search I understood I need tighten permissions on given folder:
(interesting thing is that I was before able to install 2 plugins without issue, and now all of a sudden it does not work any more)
This is a fresh new install of 11.2, with imported pools, but I did remove my old iocage folder from another dataset.

On a related note this might have saved someone else (read from sick beard forum) but it did not help me:
Run this in shell:

chown root:wheel /var/db/pkg
chmod 700 /var/db/pkg
cd /var/db/pkg
chown root:wheel *.*
chmod 700 *.*

Any help is appreciated.

NYRANGERS423

Dabbler
I had the same problem. I am not sure I did this right, but on a related search I understood I need tighten permissions on given folder:
(interesting thing is that I was before able to install 2 plugins without issue, and now all of a sudden it does not work any more)
This is a fresh new install of 11.2, with imported pools, but I did remove my old iocage folder from another dataset.

On a related note this might have saved someone else (read from sick beard forum) but it did not help me:
Run this in shell:

chmod 700 /var/db/pkg
cd /var/db/pkg
chmod 700 *.*

Any help is appreciated.

I was able to fix my issue with the permissions being to lax. I deleted my iocage data set and I restarted freenas, then under the plugins section on the left I activated plugins storage, and under the jails did the same thing which made a new iocage data set which I guess set the default permissions. I was able to install my plugins normally after that. I had no previous plugins so deleting the datasets was good for me. If you have anymore questions let me know.

navilor

Cadet
I had to look up how to clean out the iocage dataset. For those who have this problem simply run this.
iocage clean -a

And you will be good to go. In my case I did not need to reboot. YMMV.

DrumNBisco

Dabbler

Run this in shell:

chmod 700 /var/db/pkg
cd /var/db/pkg
chmod 700 *.*

Any help is appreciated.

this solved my issue, thank you!