Permissions problems after installing Plex Media Server Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

aNuStart

Cadet
Good evening, good morning and good afternoon wherever you may be.

As you can see I am new to FreeNAS and the FREEBSD world. I have a stronger background in Microsoft and a decent handle (enough to be dangerous) on Linux.

FreeNAS has been fun but I find that one of my biggest problems so far has been with permissions. I've fixed my issue with Transmission but now I'm trying to get my issues with Plex ironed out.

I tried to follow the instructions as close to the T outlined in this video guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DnUWTliaOY, however, I guess due to version differences (I'm running 9.10 and the guide is on 9.2.1) some of the steps may be out of date.

My problem is, I can create the dataset, share it via CIFS, and see it in Windows (although it will not allow me to change permissions for everyone once I map it it says "access denied"), but neverthless, I can transfer files to said store no problem. I noticed that once I install the Plex Media Server Plugin, it's like it completely jacks up my permissions, it will not allow me to do any changes to the store from Windows such as adding or deleting a file, although it'll let me read it. (The user account I'm using is freenasuser that is assigned to the wheel group). I'll look at the permissions on FreeNAS and notice none of my permissions have changed, but Plex does see the media that I had previously transferred on that store.

I provided some screenshots of my settings, but I can show anything else you would need. I did try and search, but it didn't seem like people were having this specific issue. Maybe I fudged something up.

Also: is there a faster way to transfer files between the client and the server? I have 2 3TB drives and I'm trying to xfer the contents of one drive (attached to my windows PC) to the server that is ZFS and once the transfer is complete I plan to putting the other drive into the server making the total capacity 6TB. I'm transferring at around 11MBPS and it's literally taking days to transfer. Both HDD's are connected via SATA 6GBPS and connected via ethernet through a 10/100MBPS router (I know I need to upgrade, that's next). I'm afraid if I connect that HDD directly to the server, it would format it to ZFS and I'd lose all the data. Ideas?

Sorry for the novel, I'm not the best at getting my thoughts out to others. Thanks for your time!!!

System information
K1m8thI.png

CIFS configuration
ohhmycr.png

Permissions on the actual store itself
z9iQQc0.png

aNuStart

Cadet
I read the PPT Cyberjock created and noticed that the slow ass xfer times is due to my motherboard having a realtek NIC. ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.