Permissions--client/server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePowerTool

Dabbler
Build: FreeNAS-8.3.1-RELEASE-p2-x86 (r12686+b770da6)
Platform: Intel(R) XEON(TM) CPU 2.40GHz
Memory: 3567MB

I understand how to handle permissions on one box. I've run multiple versions of FreeNAS and am now on 8.3.1 and experiencing the same frustrating problem with permissions.

I read the detail at http://forums.freenas.org/threads/s...mon-folder-have-private-personal-folder.1122/
* Note: The 1st link displayed "General Permissions & Sharing folders between users" points to a 404 (it's broken).

On Windows systems everything works perfectly.

On my Linux boxes when I mount my freenas server using CIFS files I create appear with the default of 644. Client processes not running as root cannot create accessible files and directories. The client can create a file or directory but with 644 only root on the client can access it until I change the permissions. Once I change the permissions manually everything works.

I'm testing "Inherit Permissions" to see if this is a work-around and the volume permission is set to "Unix" but it doesn't seem to provide relief based upon testing to this point.

Can someone please clue me in on what I am missing? If more detail is needed to troubleshoot the problem I'm happy to provide whatever detail is required.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.