Permission's, Plex, Please Help

HBhatti123

Cadet
I moved some files from another Pool onto my plex media pool and the owner of the file is incorrect. I was playing around in permissions and I accidentally deleted some It seems. It needs to be my Plex app (group: 1000, and UID: 1000) in order for plex to read it. I have been trying to change it, but it constantly gives me errors etc. I need to change ARCHIVE including all files and folders inside it to the Movies Permissions and I am struggling a bit. I try to go into the ACL editor and try to change the owner it does not recognize the '1000' Any help is grateful.

View attachment iccwwskn8tic1.webp

View attachment xbvabrkn8tic1.webp

I also am getting these errors:

[EPERM] Filesystem permissions on path /mnt/SP_Synology_Backup/NAS_Synology_Backup prevent access for user "admin" to the path /mnt/SP_Synology_Backup/NAS_Synology_Backup/ARCHIVE2. This may be fixed by granting the aforementioned user execute permissions on the path: /mnt/SP_Synology_Backup/NAS_Synology_Backup

Also When I move from one folder to another folder, the 'Movies' folder is not assigning a Group 1000 to new movies I put in it
11.jpg

Attachments

• xbvabrkn8tic1.webp
    112.4 KB · Views: 30

HBhatti123

Cadet
Boils down to essentially I am unable to add new files to the Movies Database and it is not inheriting the ownership of the files so that Plex can read them

Tru

Cadet
What permissions does NAS_Synology_Backup have and are those permissions being applied recursively? I wouldn't worry what windows says about the data. You need to have ACLs setup correctly in TrueNAS.

HBhatti123

Cadet
Thank you very much for answering, Ill show a screenshot of the situation, it does not even let me change any permissions.

1.jpg

2.jpg