Permission problem between Sonarr and Sadnzbdb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirk

Patron
Had to muck around in share permissions last weekend to fix windows share issues. Sonarr is now not importing shows with an access denied error.

Between last weekend and this I have a good 20 hours of effort/reading to solve the problem. I do know it is a permissions error, but for the from or to directory is unknown to me.

Both Sonarr and Sabnzpdb are running in plugin jails on the latest Freenas server version. A common dataset was created (/mnt/AllDrives/Media/Downloads) as a focal point for them so as to be outside of their jails

All has been running fine for a year and a half until last weekend after the work with share permissions.

I’m a capable person with a great deal of Windows admin experience, but how Unix/Freebsd/ and especially Freenas/jails work with and allow the user to work with permissions is still a learning curve.

Sabnzbdb is still downloading episodes, but the post processing in sonarr is resulting in an "access to the path is denied" error. It is not specific as to whether it's refering to being able to access the download directory, or access the directory where it needs to move the file to.

Any info on a focus area (please don’t say “focus on permissions”) ;-) would be appreciated. I do make a great effort to help myself, and have invested a good amount of time in solving this. But I’ve reached that point of diminishing return on my efforts and could use the experience of the more experienced people.

Thanks in advance,.

Dirk

Patron
Any help anybody?

Server has been down for a week now, and would like to get this fixed. Any information in addition to the above I would be happy to supply.
Thanks

D

dlavigne

Were you able to resolve this? If not, what are the current permissions on the Downloads dataset? Have you tried using the builtin media user?

Dirk

Patron
Were you able to resolve this? If not, what are the current permissions on the Downloads dataset? Have you tried using the builtin media user?

Thank you for stepping in.

Permissions on the Downloads dataset (the dataset outside of the jails, and focal point for both Sonarr and Sabnzbd) is 775.

By using the "builtin media user" are you suggesting changing the owner to that user?

Thank you in advance DL. Had to take Sonarr offline as anything downloaded was being deleted by Sab as a failure, and the server has been broke for two weeks now.

Dirk

Patron
Thanks, but wont that break the share permissions (which is how this all started in the first place)?

Dirk

Patron
Putting the share permissions aside, I changed the dataset (not jail) for the download directory and the shows directory (final landing point) to media for both user and group. I now have Sab telling me it can't change the permissions on /media/downloads/name of show which i believe says the destination directory.

Willing to give first born for any help as this is now the 4th weekend at it.

Dirk

Patron
This is insane! A short time after posting that last message I thought I'd try resetting the permissions on the share "apply default permissions" was removed and then checked. I didn't think that would have any effect but a few minutes later noticed that Sonarr had completed one of three shows for the evening. Checking Sab I showed it had downloaded without problem. Thank god! It then downloaded the second of three. Yippeee!!. It then bailed on the third with "cannot create folder /media/download/nameofshow.

I've been at this for four weeks. I could use some help. I've exhausted finding any new information and am now reading the same things a fourth time over trying to get specific info on what SAB needs for permissions on the download folder. I would think there must be some procedure to determine what the Sab user is trying to do and why the download directory does not have permission for it to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.