Permisions within Datasets

csearle

Contributor
I have Created one Dataset lets call it Media, within that dataset i have created two other datasets (child Datasets) I have set up ACL's to be the same and the Parent however, I can Creat folders in each of the Child Datasets, but cant copy from one child to the other child.. Iam assuming im missing something here, Im hopping somone can point me in the right direction..

Thanks

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I can Creat folders in each of the Child Datasets, but cant copy from one child to the other child
What command are you using for the copy?

cp /mnt/pool1/dataset1/files* /mnt/pool1/dataset2/ something like that?

csearle

Contributor
Im using finder from my Macbook log into the dataset i can see both datasets i can create a folder from finder in both children datasets however i cant copy from one child to the other..

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
i cant copy from one child to the other
What's the indication from Finder? does it even try to do it? does it show an error message indicating why it fails?

Clearly the case will be that the files from child A will be brought to your MacBook and then sent back to child B, since a server-side copy could only be initiated if you have the source and target in the same dataset (children/siblings/parents aren't counted as the same dataset), so perhaps it's related to that somehow.

csearle

Contributor
I was hopping to avoid that.. my goal was to move files across datasets like moving files from one directory to another directory in one dataset.. I am looking to find a faster way to move files.. My current set up isTransmission dataset and plex dataset, soon as my files have completed downloading in transmission I move them to my plex dataset. This can take some time depending on the size of the file..

sretalla