Permanently modify Freenas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i'm new here, for my personal usage I try to mod FreeNAS, when i use the source code to build it take very long time il my VM and i think it doesn't work for me.

So I've tried to mount / as RW to modify directly the FS of the usb key, i try to modify /etc/rc.d/ix-afpd to mount my home directory.

When i edit this file my home is mounted until reboot, when i reboot the files in /etc was back to original file like a livecd.

So after long search I ask you here how to directly permanently modify root fs.

PS: I come from the UNIX world and I French so if you don't understand what I tell i'll try to explain

I've aded
echo "# Home Directory"
echo -n "~ \"Dossier de \$u\" options:tm"
echo ""
to the /conf/base/etc/rc.d/ix-afpd it's correct ?

Now i use nullfs to mount /home to /mnt/VD1/Home (VD1 = Virtual Disk 1 is a RAID1) i need to put what in the fstab to make it permanently too ?

The best way is to mount the nullfs when i've mounted the encrypted ZFS

Thx

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo

Dusan

Guru
So I've tried to mount / as RW to modify directly the FS of the usb key, i try to modify /etc/rc.d/ix-afpd to mount my home directory.
/etc is a ramdisk (/dev/md0) that gets recreated on every reboot from /conf/base/etc. To make your changes permanent you need to modify this file: /conf/base/etc/rc.d/ix-afpd

Dusan

Guru
Now i use nullfs to mount /home to /mnt/VD1/Home (VD1 = Virtual Disk 1 is a RAID1) i need to put what in the fstab to make it permanently too ?
/conf/base/etc/fstab:
[PANEL]/mnt/VD1/Home /home nullfs rw[/PANEL]
But you first need to make /home a directory instead if the symlink it is in the default FreeNAS installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.