Password Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had freenas 8.2.0 installed for quite sometime now with not problems at all. All of a sudden my admin webgui password and all of my user accounts can not login using a password anymore complicated than 1234 ... if I add any symbols such as !@#$ to the password and make it lengthy, I.E 10+ characters it will not work. I mean I can successfully enter a new password for example I can enter P@$$W0RD and freenas will accept it, but I can not log in to the webgui with it under the root account nor can I log on to any cifs shares across the network. But if I enter a password of 1234 I can access the webgui and all network resources across the network just fine??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If anyone needs some more info just let me know what you need and how to get it from the server. Thank you in advance . :)

slyferd

Contributor
Try with Reset WebGUI password

Try with Reset WebGUI password

I forgot to mention that I have done the option #7 to reset the webgui password from the console a few times now, it will revert back to freenas and work just fine. But that is the only password that will work that is more complicated than 1234 abcd etc etc...

JaimieV

Guru
That's... pretty peculiar. Do you have another 4gig USB stick? If I were having this problem I'd be suspecting write issues on the stick, and make a new one and try that. (Backup your config first, then restore it to the new stick after booting)

Status
Not open for further replies.