Reset webGUI password

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisc60

Cadet
I forgot the password for webgui and the option 3 "Reset webGUI password" is not available in console. I can connect with ssh with root but i didn't know if i can reset it by using cli in putty. Anyone can help me ? Thanks in advance

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
The console option to reset GUI is only available in 8.0.1-BETA and afterwards..
as a workaround for 8.0-RELEASE use as root:

# python /usr/local/www/freenasUI/manage.py changepassword admin

chrisc60

Cadet
I tried to type the command but i received " "Permission denied". The permissions for manage.py are set to 644. I tried a chmod 777 for the file manage.py and I received "Read-Only file system".

cory011202

Cadet
Today for some reason I am unable to login with the admin account or any of the other accounts I have created. I can ssh into the box and su with the freenas pw. I have been searching the forums when I came across this post. I tried the suggested solution to only receive "Error: user 'admin' does not exist". This happens for any user I created in the webgui. I have only had my freenas server up for 3 days and I already have it configured the way I want and populated with over 2 tb of data so I really do not want to set it back to factory defaults and lose all configuration points. I am using freenas 8.0. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

cory011202

Cadet
I just figured it out.. Not sure if its the correct method but it worked for me! I used the following "# python /usr/local/www/freenasUI/manage.py createsuperuser" I just called that user admin and gave it a new password. I now am able to login and still have everything how it was.. Hope this helps others....

Status
Not open for further replies.