Owncloud upgrade broke plugin; recover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freedombacon

Dabbler
I updated the owncloud plugin from 8.2.0 to 8.2.1 but it messed up. Now when I go to the login page, I get this:

Code:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.

I found a file in the jail called owncloud-8.2.0-amd64.pbi, by the file size it looks big enough to have my data. How do I use it to restore the plugin or at least get my data back? What is wrong with this plugin? Can I fix it?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
Do you have a snapshot you can revert to? That would probably be the easiest solution.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
that PBI doesn't have your data, that's pretty much just the owncloud application and it's dependencies. The only files you need to save are the /media folder and /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud/config/config.php

If you restored this to a working owncloud install it would pick right up from before. But maybe you should debug your current setup first. Double check the config.php exists and that it's contents make sense. Restart the owncloud process 'service apache24 onerestart' check the end of your log in /media

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
also after updating the plugin you need to run owncloud's updater to upgrade your database. This usually pops up when you browse to owncloud, but since that doesn't seem to be working you should try occ.

Maybe you can see what the below does for you when run in the owncloud jail
Code:
chsh -s /bin/sh www
su www
cd /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud
php occ upgrade

freedombacon

Dabbler
Unfortunately I didn't make a snapshot of the jail before updating the plugin. On the storage page it still shows I'm using 20GB, like my data is still there. The PBI I found is about 8GB, like it's a backup of the my install and not just a copy of the fresh installer from the FreeNAS downloads. I don't know how to work with PBI on Linux though.

I'd like to get this plugin/jail working, but the data is a little more important. I tried to install the 8GB PBI into another install of the owncloud plugin, but it doesn't look like anything transferred. Is there a package for Ubuntu that would let me see the contents of that file? I could also try to run it or reinstall it in the current jail, if it works that way.

I'll look for those config files and try updating the DB from the command line, when I get back to the server tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

freedombacon

Dabbler
that PBI doesn't have your data, that's pretty much just the owncloud application and it's dependencies. The only files you need to save are the /media folder and /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud/config/config.php

If you restored this to a working owncloud install it would pick right up from before. But maybe you should debug your current setup first. Double check the config.php exists and that it's contents make sense. Restart the owncloud process 'service apache24 onerestart' check the end of your log in /media

/media is completely empty, config.php makes sense.

Restarting apache24 says this:

Code:
Performing sanity check on apache24 configuration:                             
AH00558: httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain
name, using 127.0.0.1. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this
Stopping apache24.                                                             
Waiting for PIDS: 3945.                                                        
Performing sanity check on apache24 configuration:                             
AH00558: httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain
Starting apache24.                                                             

I check with status and it says it's running. I could not get this to run, it says 'php: not found' I don't know where to look for it.
Code:
    chsh -s /bin/sh www
    su www
    php occ upgrade

freedombacon

Dabbler
I managed to recover the files by using pbi_add to restore the 8.2.0. The FreeNAS UI still says it's 8.2.1 on the plugins page, so I can't try to upgrade it again. I can restore to a snapshot taken right after the failed 8.2.1 upgrade if it will help with debugging or troubleshooting. Otherwise I'm done at this point, most likely I will delete the owncloud plugin.

Thanks for the help Josh.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
no problem. yeah I forgot the php path should be specified. /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/bin/php

Bytor

Dabbler
I had this exact same problem this morning, upgrading the owncloud plugin from 8.0.2 to 8.2.1. Are there people who have upgraded it successfully?

mooneyes

Dabbler
I had this exact same problem this morning, upgrading the owncloud plugin from 8.0.2 to 8.2.1. Are there people who have upgraded it successfully?
No, it's a problem. I have installed another owncloud in a new jail and I have copied /media and /config.

In config.php I changed two lines

Code:
  'version' => '8.2.1',
  'installed' => false,

With this changes I have could to do it works but I haven't my old configuration :-(

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
No, it's a problem. I have installed another owncloud in a new jail and I have copied /media and /config.

In config.php I changed two lines

Code:
  'version' => '8.2.1',
  'installed' => false,

With this changes I have could to do it works but I haven't my old configuration :-(
Did you ever run the upgrade? This is the step where owncloud updates its database.

This pops up when you browse to owncloud and the application files in www are newer then the database/config. But, this step is now required to be run from the command line using 'occ upgrade' from now on as mentioned here.
https://owncloud.org/blog/owncloud-8-2-2-8-1-5-8-0-10-and-7-0-12-here-with-sharing-ldap-fixes/

Code:
chsh -s /bin/sh www
su www
/usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/bin/php ./occ upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.