Owncloud Data Retrieval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malee

Cadet
Hello All,
I am brand new here, and I hope you can help me.
My situation is my Motherboard died, for the 2nd time, my system disk became corrupted, it was unreadable!
I have installed a new motherboard, made a new system disk and successfully imported my arrays. I have 8 disks forming 2 drives. My storage is working again as normal.
But! I have a lot of Data in a Owncloud Jail. If I go to storage I can see the Jail listed along with my drives, the jail consumes 20.9gb. The Jail only appears in storage, it does not appear in the list of jails. I tried to re-install the owncloud plugin but it just created a new jail, which was visible in the Jails listing which was empty, I deleted it, I also have a jail for plex. It shows up in the storage and I am able to navigate to it in finder and see the listed files under media. But in the owncloud jail, the media folder is empty, and I am unable to locate any data within the jail, although as I said the jail is 22gb in size.
I want to retrieve the data from this jail, if anyone could point me in the right direction please, where are the files hidden. I have attached a couple of screen shots to clarify.
Regards
Malee

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 11.01.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 11.01.31 AM.png
    100.2 KB · Views: 222
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 11.02.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 11.02.01 AM.png
    16 KB · Views: 245

m0nkey_

MVP
Set your jail root and your jail's will be listed where you can start them.

Malee

Cadet
Dear m0nkey,
Thank you for your reply.
You must hate noobs, but how exactly can I set my jail root. I have looked through the manual and can not see how to do this.
If I was in Dos. I could just go to that drive and change directory.
Sorry, if you could just give me a little more guidance, it would be much appreciated.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Jails tab -> configuration -> jail root.

Malee

Cadet
Thank you Jailer and m0nkey.
the jail is now showing up in the jails tab.
But I am still not closer to rescuing my data. I can browse to the media folder in the jail, but I do not have access to it, there is a small no entry sign on the folder, when I try to check the size it shows as zero bytes.
I have been searching the internet for days trying to find an answer before I came here> I have been around windows and apple computers for many years, but linux is new to me. None of my DOS does many any good now. I really need a good nudge in the right direction please. I tried reinstalling the owncloud plugin but it just created a brand new jail.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 3.22.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 3.22.36 PM.png
    22 KB · Views: 245

Malee

Cadet
Thank you.
I have solved my problem, by downloading the ownclound plugin and then uploading to the jail.
Thank you Jailer and m0nkey for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.