Resource icon

OpenZFS Capacity Calculator 2022-02-28

jro

iXsystems
iXsystems
jro submitted a new resource:

OpenZFS Capacity Calculator - Tool to accurately predict the usable capacity of an OpenZFS pool

I've been working on this over the past few weeks with the help of some folks at my company as well as the tools previously published by /u/SirMaster on reddit and WintelGuy (https://wintelguy.com/zfs-calc.pl).

I also included a detailed write-up so users can understand some of the overhead ZFS introduces.

I plan on improving the tool to allow for custom drive sizes and vdev layouts but I wanted to share my results thus far.

Read more about this resource...

Etorix

Wizard
Thanks for your contribution, but the tool would be more useful if it were possible to chose layouts rather than being presented with a fixed preselection—as of no there are no 3-way mirrors and no raidz3.

jro

iXsystems
iXsystems
Thanks for your contribution, but the tool would be more useful if it were possible to chose layouts rather than being presented with a fixed preselection—as of no there are no 3-way mirrors and no raidz3.

3w mirror and Z3 are there, you just need to expand the table sections for each.

Etorix

Wizard
My bad, probably. I did not identify the text as hidden "buttons".