OpenSpeedTest

macmuchmore

Explorer
Hi - I have just installed the OpenSpeedTest plugin, and it worked once, but if I try to use it again, it states I have a network error. I know this plugin is a community plugin, not supported by ixsystems. Can I ask for help with this plugin here? If not, any suggestions on where I can look for some help? Thanks in advance.

I am running TrueNAS 12.0-U8
I am also running a plex server plugin
The OpenSpeedTest jail is on release: 12.2-RELEASE-p13

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 11.06.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 11.06.02 PM.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 279

macmuchmore

Explorer
I will take a look there, but after doing some tests, I think the issue might be with my router. When I do the speedtest over ethernet, no prob. When I do it over wifi, it starts out good, then degrades to zero speed, and then presents the network error. I just got a new wifi 6 router and I am wondering if it is the issue.... anyways, thanks for the suggestion.

OpenSpeedTest

Dabbler
Hi - I have just installed the OpenSpeedTest plugin, and it worked once, but if I try to use it again, it states I have a network error. I know this plugin is a community plugin, not supported by ixsystems. Can I ask for help with this plugin here? If not, any suggestions on where I can look for some help? Thanks in advance. I am running TrueNAS 12.0-U8 I am also running a plex server plugin The OpenSpeedTest jail is on release: 12.2-RELEASE-p13
Hi - I have just installed the OpenSpeedTest plugin, and it worked once, but if I try to use it again, it states I have a network error. I know this plugin is a community plugin, not supported by ixsystems. Can I ask for help with this plugin here? If not, any suggestions on where I can look for some help? Thanks in advance.

I am running TrueNAS 12.0-U8
I am also running a plex server plugin
The OpenSpeedTest jail is on release: 12.2-RELEASE-p13
Network error usually shows when server not responded within 5 seconds.
Server maybe busy, Dead etc, otherwise client network connection lost or unstable.
YOU HAVE NO PROBLEM WHEN USING ETHERNET RIGHT?
looks like wrong VLAN or subnet configuration
Initial page load is from cache, that is why when you click start button it shows the error.
Make sure you have access to your OpenSpeedTest Server IP from the wireless connection.
Maybe try sending ping from Terminal
You need to take a look at your wifi router config.

macmuchmore

Explorer
Server maybe busy, Dead etc, otherwise client network connection lost or unstable.
Initial page load is from cache, that is why when you click start button it shows the error.
Make sure you have access to your OpenSpeedTest Server IP from the wireless connection.
So I changed to a different router and that resolved all my issues. I will be taking back the netgear wifi 6 router that was causing me issues. Thanks for your help.

macmuchmore

Explorer
Actually I was able to duplicate the issue with the new router, but I have figured out that the issue is with the Safari browser in macOS. Unfortunately, when it causes the issue with the OpenSpeedtest server/plugin/jail, the only way to get it back working is to restart the TrueNAS server. As long as I use Firefox to do the speedtest, I do not have any issues.

OpenSpeedTest

Dabbler
Actually I was able to duplicate the issue with the new router, but I have figured out that the issue is with the Safari browser in macOS. Unfortunately, when it causes the issue with the OpenSpeedtest server/plugin/jail, the only way to get it back working is to restart the TrueNAS server. As long as I use Firefox to do the speedtest, I do not have any issues.
Take a look at safari browser console,
Let me know if you see any error message.
Also try deleting safari browser cache.
or visit the speed test from private window.