Odd duplication of datasets in dropdown with extension

finbarlorei

Cadet
Hi,

I have had a look and cannot see this anywhere but being a novice I am not 100% sure of the terms.

After replication some data between pools I have ended up with a weird situation. When I go to a drop down to select a path anywhere on the UI I see a duplication of the dataset with an added part to the name. These do not appear on the data set part of the UI. I have attached pictures below to show. Is this something I should be worried about and how do I resolve this?

Sorry if I have missed this else where as I say not 100% sure what this would be called

Attachments

• Dataset.png
    Dataset.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Path.png
    Path.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 36
Do they show in the command-line?
Code:
zfs list -r -t filesystem -o name Files

finbarlorei

Cadet
Thanks for the response.

No it just lists the ones in the Dataset image not the additional ones.

It appears that folders were created with an appended timestamp in their names. Not sure why.

Is there any content in these folders?

Is this the source pool or destination pool?

Last edited:

finbarlorei

Cadet
There appears to be additional datasets with in them as in the normal data sets. when I try top add them to an SMB share (for example) I get the following error (pics of full error attached).

[EINVAL] sharingsmb_create.path_local: SMB shares containing the apps dataset are not permitted

When I select the one without the appended part it adds as a SMB share OK and I can access the files.

Attachments

• Error 1.png
    Error 1.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Error 2.png
    Error 2.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 23
  • path contents.png
    path contents.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 22

finbarlorei

Cadet
It appears that folders were created with an appended timestamp in their names. Not sure why.

Is there any content in these folders?

Is this the source pool or destination pool?
Sorry missed the second Question. This is the destination pool