Nothing showing in Reporting > NFS Stats (FreeNAS-11.3-U1)

Sean Hafeez

Dabbler
So I just upgraded to this release from 11.2. Great stuff, I love the GUI improvements and speed up. In looking though the reporting GUI I took a look at the NFS Stats page and on my system it reports 0 for every stat. Given the fact that I am actively reading and writing to the system over NFS shares this seems incorrect. Is there something I miss configuring?

Thanks,
Sean

aghadjip

Dabbler
Me as well, ive asked around here and on reddit, nada but a few people have reported the same.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
You're not missing anything. This is an error in /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/reporting.py, line 674. The NFS report uses the middlewared plugin nfsstat-client, instead of nfsstat-server, so it's reporting any activity where the FreeNAS server mounts NFS folders from another server. I think this should be changed to reflect the FreeNAS server's own activity serving NFS to external clients.

Last edited:

aghadjip

Dabbler
You're not missing anything. This is an error in /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/reporting.py, line 674. The NFS report uses the middlewared plugin nfsstat-client, instead of nfsstat-server, so it's reporting any activity where the FreeNAS server mounts NFS folders from another server. I think this should be changed to reflect the FreeNAS server's own activity serving NFS to external clients.
Late reply, and thanks for the exact location. Is this planned to be fixed anytime soon? Otherwise if I do make changes, will they persist through a reboot?

Samuel Tai

I have no idea if the devs will fix this in FreeNAS 12. Changing the file yourself won't accomplish anything, until you create the corresponding .pyc compiled Python file.

Samuel Tai

This seems to be fixed in U3 and U3.1.