Not secure login

RobGoss

Dabbler
Hello everyone I have been logging into my Nas system with problems now I get not secure, at the left side of my web browser at login any clue to why this is happening?

I'm using Google Chrome for my web browser

I'm new to TrueNas so this is all new to me

Thank you

Last edited:

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Chrome insists on Extended Validation certificates for HTTPS sites. It could be your TrueNAS certificate has expired, or doesn't have the correct fields for EV compliance. I wouldn't worry too much about the latter. For the former, you can just regenerate new certificates.

RobGoss

Dabbler
Chrome insists on Extended Validation certificates for HTTPS sites. It could be your TrueNAS certificate has expired, or doesn't have the correct fields for EV compliance. I wouldn't worry too much about the latter. For the former, you can just regenerate new certificates.
Your Reply, you can just regenerate new certificates.

Is this something I do in the TrueNas dashboard?

Thank you

Last edited:

danb35

Hall of Famer
Chrome insists on Extended Validation certificates for HTTPS sites.
Nonsense--browsers hardly care about EV certs at all any more. Here's what Chrome shows me for my own installation using a DV cert:
1663169611361.png

But just like any other modern browser, it does want the connection to be HTTPS with a cert it trusts.

@RobGoss, this is nothing to worry about.

RobGoss

Dabbler
Nonsense--browsers hardly care about EV certs at all any more. Here's what Chrome shows me for my own installation using a DV cert:
View attachment 58429

But just like any other modern browser, it does want the connection to be HTTPS with a cert it trusts.

@RobGoss, this is nothing to worry about.
Thank you sir much appreciated