Not quite a 'plugin' issue, but a Plex Jail issue (pkg installed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paradoxiom

Patron
After adding a, for example, TV Show folder and letting it scan/add the metadata for a couple of hours I tried to optimize it and got "There was a problem optimizing the database", after that it was like Plex had crashed and I couldn't access it, I had to stop the Kail and restart it.

FYI I installed plex using the PKG method and not the 'plugin' or port route. Current server version is: 0.9.12.10.1368-63adf2b

Now, I can scan for files and optimize it fine. However, if I add any NEW media, scan for it, then try to optimize before the Kail has been restarted, it will crash again. I can reproduce this every single time, and I had the same issue with my previous database, which turned out to be fine after checking it for corruption etc, and now I'm on a fresh database with this issue happening from the get-go, so I'm going to go ahead and say it isn't the database having a problem and thus it must lie elsewhere.

So, does anyone know what the cause of this might be or how to fix it? is there a logfile I can look at to try and narrow it down?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
This is a question that should also be asked on the Plex forums.

paradoxiom

Patron
Yep I have posted there twice now but nobody seems to have any ideas.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
chech /var/log/messages in the jails and /usr/local/plexdata-plexpass/Plex\ Media\ Server/Logs/

for log information and maybe post it here. I have no clue what the problem could be but might be able to help track it down.

paradoxiom

Patron
Thanks, I copied all the log files over an uploaded them, then I stopped the jail, erased the logs, started it up again, added a new media (movie) file, scanned for it, then tried to optimize - it freezes, plex becomes unresponsive, I stop the jail and copy the new logs over and have uploaded those also.

The pre-log erasure files are in the "-old" dirs
http://elrath.co.uk/upload/PlexLogs/

Might be the wrong place to ask, but I don't suppose anyone knows why trying to delete files using WinSCP doesn't work? it says:
AfLR1Ub.png

I have to find the location on the server and use SSH and then 'rm -r <thefilename>' to delete things, kind of annoying when WinSCP is GUI based. anyway thanks, those are the logs etc.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Winscp is a copy tool not a deletion tool. Most people would use ssh to login to the remote host and use rm to delete the files. I would also do a similar thing to cp files.

I'll have a look at the files when I have a non phone device.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Status
Not open for further replies.