Not all drives show up

richland007

Cadet
Hello all and hi.
This is my frist post in truenas community, and although i may be new here i have a bit of homelab experince and did my research before posting
I have a Dell PowerEdge R710 server that has 6 X 4TB hard drives 4 Hitachi's and 2 WD and i have also placed a SSD on the dvd tray and i am running truenas from a usb thumb drive. My hba card is one of these in a PCIe slot https://www.ebay.com/itm/123916887273 i pulled from a working HP nas that was runing unRAID

Here is my issue of the 6 drives attached to the backplane only 4 show up under Storage > Disks from place 0 to 3 even when i run "camcontrol devlist"
When the system boots i see all the 6 drives lined up under the LSI controller. Another test i did is that i booted form a unRAID USB and all 6 drives showed up under unraid os so i know the hba card works right and also the physical cable connnections

What can i do to get all the 6 drives to populate ? and what is causing this?
I am trying to use this just a simple back up server and i need all 6 drives!

Thank you in advance for your input
Denis

Attachments

• TRUENAS1.png
    TRUENAS1.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 202
  • truenas2.jpg
    truenas2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 193
  • unraid1.jpg
    unraid1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 204

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
What can i do to get all the 6 drives to populate ? and what is causing this?
you can do a few things to try to understand what's happening...

camcontrol devlist should list all disks visible to the system

either dmesg | grep da or looking in more detail through dmesg | more could get you to any errors preventing disks from being presented to the OS.

also sas2flash -list might point us in the direction of a firmware upgrade being needed for the HBA

richland007

Cadet
you can do a few things to try to understand what's happening...

camcontrol devlist should list all disks visible to the system

either dmesg | grep da or looking in more detail through dmesg | more could get you to any errors preventing disks from being presented to the OS.

also sas2flash -list might point us in the direction of a firmware upgrade being needed for t

Thank you very much for replying to my post
Here is what sas2flash -list produced

Copyright (c) 2008-2013 LSI Corporation. All rights reserved

Adapter Selected is a LSI SAS: SAS2008(B2)

Controller Number : 0
Controller : SAS2008(B2)
PCI Address : 00:05:00:00
SAS Address : 500605b-0-0552-0970
NVDATA Version (Default) : 0a.02.00.20
NVDATA Version (Persistent) : 0a.02.00.20
Firmware Product ID : 0x2213 (IT)
Firmware Version : 10.00.08.00
NVDATA Vendor : LSI
NVDATA Product ID : Undefined
BIOS Version : 07.19.00.00
UEFI BSD Version : 07.18.04.01
FCODE Version : N/A
Board Name :IBM Perf 6Gb HBA
Board Assembly :H3-25113-03A
Board Tracer Number :SP2360B615

Also the other comands did not show any other dirves in their output i went through all of them line by line since i am having a hard time copying and pasting from the truenas instance and onto here.

I have read somewhere that someone downgraded to an older verson of trunas in order to get all his drives to show

Denis

sretalla