Not able to see drives.

SnakZ

Cadet
I first started off about a year ago with FreeNAS, I had problems with user user rights on the pools. My kid ended up resting the PC a few to many times (2 year old) and my pools/drives stop showing up. I ask someone for help on some other forum (I can't remember where), he was able to walk me though the command line to regain access to the drives and the pools. But I was still dealing with the problem of user rights, then the drives want away again after a reboot and I just gave up. lol

Now a year later I'm back at it ready to give it another try lol but this time with the new "TrueNAS" update.

I have TrueNAS installed on a Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250 GB drive with swap space this time around, on FreeNAS I was using a USB drive for the OS. But I'm not able to see the drives again, this may have something to do with the fact the drives are still formatted from the old FreeNAS system. Or whatever problem I was having before. Another odd thing is when I click on "import Disk"->NFTS-> Destination Path

I find "/mnt/Main_System_drives/MusIc", this was one of my pools not really sure why it shows up but it does and only does some times after some reloading of the page

I'm really hoping my kid didnt mess something up really :D lol But then again some how I was able to remount them before.

Version:
TrueNAS-12.0-U4
Hardware:
Ram
32 GB 2 x G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C19S-16GVRB
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
Motherboard
AsRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4
Drives
Boot drive
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250 GB
Random drive
Seagate 5000c5004B2DFACF 750GB
Seagate 5000c5004B2DFACF 750GB
Pool, main Drives Pool size 6, 4TB drives, Raid 6 (but I think freeNAS called it something else)
5x Seagate Ironwolf 4TB NAS drives ZGY7ALX7
1x Western Digital 4TB Blue drive WCC7K5TZ4KU1

HBA Raid Card thing.
Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT Mode for ZFS FreeNAS unRAID

As for the HBA, I got it from ebay from a seller who flashed it already. I will quote his listing of it.

originally Dell H310 RAID SAS controller cards that I modified for use with ZFS. They have been cross-flashed to Avago / LSI 9211-8i IT (Initiator Target) firmware version P20 (specifically 20.00.07.00). I also flashed the LSI/Avago MPTSAS2 BIOS ROM version 07.39.02.00 and UEFI 07.27.01.01 so that it is easier to access the controller's ROM without booting an OS. In addition, I replaced the full profile PCI bracket with a ventilated one to improve airflow over the heatsink.

This is a full / standard profile card.

LSI Avago IT mode firmware version P20 (20.00.07.00)
MPTSAS2 BIOS ROM flashed version 07.39.02.00
MPTSAS2 UEFI ROM flashed version 07.27.01.01
Original SAS address preserved
Ventilated PCI bracket
These are based on the LSI SAS2008 SAS controller chipset and support PCI-E 2.0 specifications with x8 lanes. The controller has 2 SFF-8087 connectors, each carrying 4 SAS lanes. You will need a compatible cable to connect these to your hard drives or a backplane.

These cards are fully tested in my Supermicro server running ZFS on Linux (ZoL), but this setup is also ideal for other ZFS setups, FreeNAS, unRAID, Proxmox VE, etc. I have fully tested them using all 8 SAS lanes.

SnakZ

Cadet
I may have figured out the problem, the PCI slot I had the HBA raid card plug into wasn't working some reason.

The SSD was the only one plugged into the motherboard, I tried other hard drives and they was working just fine. After moving the HBA to another PCI slot for the "what if", now TrueNAS sees the hard drives.