not able to access

Status
Not open for further replies.

skydoy

Cadet
Hello All

I would like some one to help me as I,
I´m unable to access my folders in FreeNAS, I´m a noob :cool: and I flowed tutorial and still not able to connect to server created datashet - share no way I was able to access them.

Could someone maybe see which config I made wrong.

CPU:
2x Intel Xeon 5603 2.18GHz Quad-Core Processor
Memory: Samsung DDR3-1066 12GB/1Gx12 ECC Samsung Chip Server Memory
Storage: 2x Western Digital Blue 750GB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: 1x Western Digital Blue 320GB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: 1xOCZ 128GB SSD 2.5" Internal Hard Drive
Raid Card: Dell M1015 - 9111it-8i Firmware
Boot Drives 1x SanDisk UltraFit 16GB

Thanks and Best Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

skydoy

Cadet
affter much testing I found the problem, smb configuration i can only use FreeNAS name for nas why? - nas wont let me access via \\nas if i change name to FreeNAS and use \\freenas no problem

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
affter mutch test I found the problem, smb configuration i can only use freenas name for nas why? - nas wont let me access via \\nas if i change name to freenas and use \\freenas no problem
You would need to set the name you want advertised as in the cifs/smb settings as well as the system settings.

melloa

Wizard
affter mutch test I found the problem, smb configuration i can only use freenas name for nas why? - nas wont let me access via \\nas if i change name to freenas and use \\freenas no problem

To access your shares you can use the name defined @ your netbios name defined in the SMB services settings or your IP. Go to Services, click the little wrench icon on SMB, and check the netbios and workgroup.

Workgroup must match whatever in in your windows network.

upload_2016-10-18_8-34-15.png

You will be able to access with the username/password created in your FreeNAS, but also make sure to change permissions on the dataset you are sharing. Go to Storage, click the dataset you are sharing, click change permissions:

upload_2016-10-18_8-39-35.png

For a very detailed step-by-step on how to do this, check https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?resources/freenas-and-samba-cifs-permissions-video.8/

Boa sorte!

skydoy

Cadet
You would need to set the name you want advertised as in the cifs/smb settings as well as the system settings.

I tried that but with no luck :(

To access your shares you can use the name defined @ your netbios name defined in the SMB services settings or your IP. Go to Services, click the little ranch icon on SMB, and check the netbios and workgroup.

Workgroup must match whatever in in your windows network.

View attachment 14233

You will be able to access with the username/password created in your FreeNAS, but also make sure to change permissions on the dataset you are sharing. Go to Storage, click the dataset you are sharing, click change permissions:

View attachment 14234

For a very detailed step-by-step on how to do this, check https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?resources/freenas-and-samba-cifs-permissions-video.8/

Boa sorte!

Thanks :D but somehow it doesn't like to change name tried that step by step twice

melloa

Wizard
Thanks :D but somehow it doesn't like to change name tried that step by step twice

So ... you can't change the same in the SMB settings or even if you change the name you still unable to access the share using the name and only can do it with the server IP?

Status
Not open for further replies.