noob - need in CIFS "everyone rx" permissions for mac client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marian78

Patron
Hi,

today i try solve problem with dataset sharing over CIFS in mixed network enviroment (windows and mac clients).

Dataset config: Have full permission for group and users. "Other" are not exist (removed from windows client pc for security reasons. Now use valid users, write list and admin users in Auxiliary Parameters: in CIFS share).
dataset.PNG dataset_config.PNG cifs.PNG samba.PNG

Problem: only on mac client machines - i move (copy) file (pdf) from some windows network share to freenas cifs share. Than open that file (pdf) in acrobat (or another program) on mac client machine, edit something and save file (all on freenas dataset cifs share - not localy). NOW file is grayed (on cifs share) and i cant delete, move, copy from mac (from windows client no problem). When i not edit file, i can from mac client copy, delete open...

Next i add permissions for other and all is working well. Now file is not greyed after edit.
Snímka2.PNG

My noob question: have i something wrong setup in cifs for mac compatibility or i need other permission to work.

EDIT: i must also add to samba cifs share aux param (otherwise mac client have blocked access to file):
ea support = no
store dos attributes = no

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

EDIT: i must also add to samba cifs share aux param (otherwise mac client have blocked access to file):
ea support = no
store dos attributes = no

To clarify, were those the 2 settings that were needed to make this work?

marian78

Patron
In freenas UI - Sharing - windows (CIFS) - "share" - Auxiliary Parameters

BUT still not work :(, tested again today.....

marian78

Patron
ok, find another solution of my problem. Mac client is v10.7. Find this:

On MAC machine:
Allowing Plain-Text Connections
Follow the steps below to configure your computer to use plain text passwords to make SMB/CIFS connections when the specified Samba or Windows (SMB/CIFS) server does not support encrypted passwords. (You must be an administrator to do these steps.)

1. Make sure that you are not currently connected to any Samba or Windows (SMB/CIFS) servers and that you do not have any Samba or Windows-related error mssages open.
  2. Open the Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/).
  3. At the prompt, type: sudo pico /etc/nsmb.conf
  4. Press Return.
  5. Enter your password when prompted, then press Return again.
  6. You should see an empty file and a "New File" notice at the bottom of the pico window. If you do not see the "New File" notice, this file already exists.
  7. Enter the following into the file so that it appears as follows:
    • [default]
    • minauth=none
  8. Save the file (press Control-O), press Return, then exit pico (Control-X).
  9. Type: sudo chmod a+r /etc/nsmb.conf
  10. Press Return.
  11. Restart your computer.

and for now working.

Status
Not open for further replies.