Default Permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcgrupp024

Cadet
I am running a CIFS share in order to play nice with windows and mac machines. I have all of the groups and permissions set up and working just the way I want them except for one issue. I have a dataset that I would like for our organization to able able to use for "shared" documents that all users can edit. Alas, when a new file is created in the dataset, only the original owner is granted write privileges on the file. I can go in afterwards and set the permissions on the file to be 770 but I would like all files created in this folder to be set at 770 permission level by default.

I changed the file mask setting for the share to 0007 as I saw mentioned in another post but to no avail. I also tried my hand at using the setfacl in shell but I'm a bit rusty on command line.

I don't know if it matters but I am trying to add afile from a mac, switch user logons to the share, then edit the recently added file, also on a mac.

So, In short, how do I set a folder/dataset to be in a condition where all new files created are, by default able to be edited by anyone in the group?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.