No Zerotier interface inside jail

Fred974

Contributor
Hi,

I created a jail and installed zerotier package. I can successfully join the network but the zerotier interface is not been created and I cannot ping devices on the ZT network.
Could anyone please tell me if there is any think I need to do to the jail setting in order to get it to create the ZT interface?

Thank you

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
There's probably something needed to create interfaces on the host to allow the connection to leave the jail. Maybe that's something that a fully permissive devfs ruleset could allow.

I'm not sure if there's a message in the fact that zerotier was (maybe still is) included in the host and not as a plugin. There was an issue where the ID would change on every reboot though, do that made it not very practical to use. It was downplayed in favor of WireGuard, so maybe that's something to investigate instead. (I know that Tailscale is an implementation of WireGuard that essentially does the same thing as ZeroTier, so that may have some benefit to investigate)

Fred974

Contributor
@sretalla thank you for the reply. I started to hear a lot about wireguard likely but I have no idea how install it or use it. I need to research it.

sretalla