No SMART in Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattGG

Dabbler
I have searched high and low and I cannot seem to find much information on this; please forgive me if I have posted in the wrong place or missed a previous thread with the answer.

I had a recent scare that made want to start periodical diagnostics. So I thought I'd enable the SMART service that I've seen mentioned in the documentation and in these forums. But when I go to the list of services, it's not listed.

First, I checked BIOS and I saw that SMART was disabled. But enabling did not rectify the issue. When viewing disks in FreeNAS each "Enable S.M.A.R.T." field is set to true. Screenshots attached, any Ideas?

NoSMART.jpg SMARTEnabled.jpg

NAS parts:
8.0.1 Beta2 amd64 using 2GB flash drive
Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard
6x 2TB Seagate Barracuda Green (ST2000DL003) RaidZ1
16GB ram

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Left column, expand System, go to S.M.A.R.T. Tests

ProtoSD

MVP
I think your problem is that you're still using Beta-2, upgrade to at least beta-4 or RC1 and then you should see it on the left side like jgreco said.

MattGG

Dabbler
I think your problem is that you're still using Beta-2, upgrade to at least beta-4 or RC1 and then you should see it on the left side like jgreco said.

I'll look into that in the next few days. Was there a certain version it was only just recently added to, or a bug in beta2?

ProtoSD

MVP
It was just recently added. Remember, anything after beta-2 requires a 2GB flash disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.