No plugins available after upgrade to FreeNAS 11.1-U5

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigloo

Explorer
Hi,

I recently upgraded to FreeNAS 11.1-U5 and I see the following symptoms:

- The list of available plugins will not show up anymore. It takes a long time to load, then stays empty.
- The list of installed plugins takes very long to load. Even though I assume that an update for Plex is available, it is not shown.

I do not see any errors in the console log. I am not sure what the problem is and how I can start troubleshooting. Would be grateful for any hints.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
What kind of plugins are you looking for? Because they're trying to move away from the warden jails over to IO cage jails and it's a work-in-progress that's not really ready yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

tigloo

Explorer
I was looking into updating the currently installed version of Plex.

Since the list of available plugins is empty, the list of installed plugins takes long to load and no updates for Plex are showing up, I assume that something with the plugin system broke during the update procedure.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Do you have a Plex pass?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
You can't get the latest version of Plex through the web GUI. If you want the latest version of Plex, you have to use a script and it requires logging in with your Plex pass.

tigloo

Explorer
It used to be available as an update of the plugin itself, did that change?

Also, what would cause the plugin list to break?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Because they're switching from Warden jails to IO cage jails

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
No plugins listed in the available page is generally a gateway/networking issue. Do you have a default gateway listed in the FreeNAS GUI?

kdragon75

Wizard
Don't use the plugins. The underlying jail system will be removed soonish and is not going to be update/supported going forward. Its not to hard to setup a jail with iocage install Plex from the package repository or from the Plex website.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Yes, but how does this relate to the plugin dialog in the FreeNAS web interface?
I just updated to Version 1.13.3.5223. Are you interested in knowing about the script?

Nightowl805

Explorer
I know I am lol.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

Nightowl805

Explorer
Here is a link to the github site where the script is:
https://github.com/mstinaff/PMS_Updater

It has instructions there on how to install the script inside the jail. Then it is just a matter of running the script and it will download the latest update and install it for you.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the script. I do have a question though. When I log directly into plex TV my server shows the latest 1.13 version of plex installed but when I check within my FreeNAS box it still shows the older version 1.12.2. Is that normal?

Thanks again,
Ken

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Hi Chris,

Thank you for the script. I do have a question though. When I log directly into plex TV my server shows the latest 1.13 version of plex installed but when I check within my FreeNAS box it still shows the older version 1.12.2. Is that normal?

Thanks again,
Ken
Yes, once you use the script to update, FreeNAS has no way to know. It doesn't look inside the jail to see. My FreeNAS thinks I am running a version from a couple years ago. No matter. When Plex tells me that there is a new version, I just run the script to update. Takes very little time to do and I am running the latest version as soon as I notice that it is available.

Nightowl805

Explorer
Yes, once you use the script to update, FreeNAS has no way to know. It doesn't look inside the jail to see. My FreeNAS thinks I am running a version from a couple years ago. No matter. When Plex tells me that there is a new version, I just run the script to update. Takes very little time to do and I am running the latest version as soon as I notice that it is available.

Thank you again! I appreciate your help.

Robbks

Dabbler
OK,

I'm familiar with running scripts, etc.
But How do I get this one to run?

DO I call it from a location?
DO i paste the entire script from the github site
Do i need to be inside the Jail?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I'm familiar with running scripts, etc.
But How do I get this one to run?
Who are you asking?

If you are asking about the script I linked to, there are instructions on the github site about how to do it, but you do need to connect to the FreeNAS by SSH so you can use the terminal and you will be inside the jail that is running Plex when you run the script.

Status
Not open for further replies.