No iSCSI Devices in VMWare

Status
Not open for further replies.

briandm81

Dabbler
So I just started my FreeNAS box over from scratch after Corral...and now my iSCSI won't connect to VMWare. It connects fine to Windows, but in VMWare I see this for paths:

iSCSIPaths.png

And devices:
e
And when I try to add storage:
iSCSIAddDisk.png

I would just go back to Corral, but the downgrade to 9.10 failed, so I was left with only the option of a fresh install of 11. So here I am...help!!!

I'm hoping I'm missing something stupid simple, but I'm not sure what it would be...

Thanks in advance! I'm trying to finish some benchmarks for a conference presentation, so I really need to get this fixed!

Attachments

• iSCSIDevices.png
    iSCSIDevices.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 194
D

dlavigne

Which FreeNAS build version (from System -> Information)?

Which version of VMware?

Are you reusing the Corral extents or starting from scratch?

briandm81

Dabbler
FreeNAS-11.0-RELEASE

VMWare ESXi 6.5.0

I re-created everything but the volumes from scratch. I created a new zvol all four iSCSI shares that you see in the paths above.

D

dlavigne

Sounds like it might be a bug. Please create a report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

briandm81

Dabbler
That's unfortunate. :( It definitely worked on 9.10u2. So I guess I'll be re-installing again tonight using 9.10. Sigh.

D

dlavigne

Please also create the bug report so a dev can determine the issue. It is worthwhile to create a system debug before you reinstall (using System -> Advanced -> Save Debug).

briandm81

Dabbler
I did that. So I'll go download the latest 9.10 release and see how it goes.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Issue number?

briandm81

Dabbler
Ok...I must be missing something. I reloaded with 9.10 and I'm still having the exact same issue...

briandm81

Dabbler
I figured it out! ESXi did not at all like a 4096 allocation unit. I switched it to 512 and they magically appeared. I'm sure this is documented somewhere. I happened across a random thread on the VMware community forums that clued be in! I guess I can go back to 11...but I'll wait until I finish my testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.