iSCSI & VMware Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBadBooey

Dabbler
Hi all,

Probably a daft question but I'm tearing my hair out here.

I have a VMware vSphere 5.1 client that is currently connected to FreeNAS 8.x on IP address 192.168.1.1:3260 and has been working fine for some time now.

However, we are retiring this FreeNAS box so building a new one. I have created the iSCSI targets, groups, portal etc and put it on port 3261 - it has an IP address of 192.168.1.2

I can connect to the FreeNAS box to administer it via http://192.168.1.2 so I know the IP address is okay on the NAS VLAN (PC a member of the VLAN at the moment), however, I cannot get VMware to see the new FreeNAS box.

VMware can see multiple iSCSI devices right? Or do I have that completely wrong?

As ever, many thanks in advance.

BigBadBooey

Dabbler
Okay - seemed to have solved it - for some reason if I had "mtu 9000 up" commented on each of the members of the lacp link then VMware couldn't see it - even though I do have jumbo frames enabled on the VLAN, and an MTU set of 9000 on the VMware vSwitch it still wouldn't see it. I changed it to just "up" and the rebooted the server and I am now transferring between the two - albeit quite slow, I am guessing this is because my new FreeNAS 9.1 is only using 2Gb RAM instead of the 32Gb I have installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.