No Internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

HPatel027

Dabbler
I have installed Nextcloud on FreeNAS 11.1-U1 and cannot get internet working on it. My FreeNAS server has internet just not the Nextcloud jail. The error I get is “This server has no working Internet connection. This means that some of the features like mounting external storage, notifications about updates or installation of third-party apps will not work. Accessing files remotely and sending of notification emails might not work, either. We suggest to enable Internet connection for this server if you want to have all features.” Can someone help?

nojohnny101

Wizard
Welcome to the forums! As per forum rules, please post your FreeNAS version along with full hardware specs.

Sounds like it most definitely a DNS or name server issue setting within the jail. You gave us almost no information on how you create this jail and what kind of network settings are currently set for the jail. More information please!

HPatel027

Dabbler
First I created a dataset for Nextcloud, then I installed the plugin, then I assigned it an IP, then I added storage to that jail. Then I just turned the service on on the plugins page. Here are SS of the config.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

HPatel027

Dabbler
Welcome to the forums! As per forum rules, please post your FreeNAS version along with full hardware specs.

Sounds like it most definitely a DNS or name server issue setting within the jail. You gave us almost no information on how you create this jail and what kind of network settings are currently set for the jail. More information please!
^^

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Try disabling vimage and restart the jail.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Do you have a default gateway listed in your network settings in the FreeNAS GUI?

Do you have other jails that you set a static IP address on and they work or is this the first one. It could possibly be that the router is simply rejecting the data. Seems like a lot of the new Modem/Router combo's and some of the router's are only working correctly if they hand out the IP addresses which means that you will need to set a static reservation in the router and then pick it up via DHCP.

Before pulling your hair out trying to trace down a problem just let the jail get an IP via DHCP and see if it works and track back from there. If it does work setting a reservation is pretty simple solution even if not the most desirable.

HPatel027

Dabbler
Do you have other jails that you set a static IP address on and they work or is this the first one. It could possibly be that the router is simply rejecting the data. Seems like a lot of the new Modem/Router combo's and some of the router's are only working correctly if they hand out the IP addresses which means that you will need to set a static reservation in the router and then pick it up via DHCP.

Before pulling your hair out trying to trace down a problem just let the jail get an IP via DHCP and see if it works and track back from there. If it does work setting a reservation is pretty simple solution even if not the most desirable.
I did reinstall Nextcloud the same was but now didn't change the ip. it is assigned by the router and it still doesnt work

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Add your default gateway to your network settings and try your connection from the jail.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Network global configuration. You may have to restart the jail to have it populate the nameserver entry in the jail after you add it.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
It should be the IP address of the admin page of your router.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
No, just IPv4.

Status
Not open for further replies.