"no interface specified and a default doesn't exist!" on Jail startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

creiss

Cadet
Joined
Sep 5, 2013
Messages
4
Hey there!

At first glance I might have the same problem at this guy, but I am getting this stuff after a reboot. I was able to create run, start and restart the jails at first, but now, after a reboot of NAS - no more.

no interface specified and a default doesn't exist!​


It yells at me for starting any jail. My jail root resided on my (encrypted) zfs volume, so its not available during system boot. Maybe this is the key? Some rc-script needed for jails not restarting on attaching a storage? I also noticed that I have no jails on boot (and after unlocking). I do have to "edit" the global jail configuration (changing nothing) and saving it. Then my jails are listed again. Oh, I am running 9.1.1 x64 edition.

Also, after re-attaching, re-"editing" my jail config I get the same error on creating new jails. Only the thread from "the other guy" popped up.

Thank you for your help in advance,
-Christian
 

PinkyThePig

Dabbler
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
15
On my setup I just had to edit and save the various network config stuff (in the gui) and ever since then I havn't gotten that error anymore.
 

paleoN

Wizard
Joined
Apr 22, 2012
Messages
1,402
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top