NO GUI - fresh install 11.1, networking seems fine but the gui is not showing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmm108

Cadet
Background: running supermicro with raid 0 2x256G SSD's for the boot device, 1 1G ethernet port connected to switch, 2 10G fiber cables connected through an Emulex card to the same switch. ZRAID2 with 8 data drives, 2 parity drives, 1 hot spare

I have been running at 11.1-u4 on a different pair of SSD's, but the boot partition is degraded with some data file errors on files from an older freenas environment on the drive. The data partition is ONLINE, although on a zpool status -v it says there is corruption in two files, but shows only a memory address, no file names. The drives all have 0 checksum errors.

To try and clear up these errors, I did a fresh install on a second pair of SSD's. The install went fine. I configured the network adapters and am able to ping other machines on each of the two networks, can ping the freenas from those other machines, and can transfer data from the freenas to other network machines using scp.

putting any of the three IP addresses of the network adapters into a gui just gives a timeout, there is no freenas gui that comes up. nginx was running and restarted, to no avail.

Anyone that has any ideas, that would be greatly appreciated. I have exhausted my own knowledge, research, and looking for solutions on line.

Thanks,
dmm108

D

dlavigne

What exact error is displayed in the browser (and which browsers have you tried)? Attaching a screenshot might be helpful.

dmm108

Cadet
QUOTE="dlavigne, post: 453317, member: 2"]What exact error is displayed in the browser (and which browsers have you tried)? Attaching a screenshot might be helpful.[/QUOTE]

I tried Chrome, Opera, and Firefox
Here's a screenshot:

Attachments

• timeout.JPG
    timeout.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 351
D

dlavigne

Were you able to resolve this? If not, is a firewall enabled on that system? Or, is there a firewall or proxy between that system and the FreeNAS system? Something is causing it to timeout.

dmm108

Cadet
Hi - Thanks for your reply. We have a firewall that all the machines are behind, so nothing between them or on individual machines. I uploaded a config file for 11.0-u4 (this was 11.1-u4). The gui did come up at that point, but the mismatch caused it to be incompatible. I ended up rebuilding the freenas completely for other reasons, so the issue, though not resolved, is moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.