no e-mail notification for cronjobs after the last upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

74m

Explorer
Hey Guys,

after the last update to FreeNAS-9.10-STABLE-201605240427 i get no e-mail notifications for executed cronjobs.

An example like it was before the update: I have a cronjob for a auto-shutdown if 2 IPs get no ping response. Within the cronjob settings in the gui i set a check for "Redirect stdout" (to /dev/null). If i doesn't set the check i got all echo responses from the script. But with the "Redirect stdout"-check I get only a short email, that the shutdown command was executed (for example: "shutdown: [pid 5964]")

After the update mentioned above, i got no email with the "Redirect stdout" check. This is bad because I think, I will got also no e-mails for the scrub cronjobs and so forth...

Is this a change in the new release? Can I change this?

Greetings
74m

D

dlavigne

Any errors in /var/log/messages? Are you able to send a test email using System -> Email -> Send Test Mail?

74m

Explorer
I can't see any errors related to the email service. The testmail works. The email notification works also when i uncheck the redirect stdout... But this is what I want, because i just want to get a email when the shutdown is executed, not for every performed cronjob.

Everything was fine before the update... :)

D

dlavigne

Did you make any headway with this? Does an update to 201606072003 fix it?

74m

Explorer
After 2 - 3 days of waiting, the emails notification was working again. If I remember correctly, this is a behavior which I experienced already in the past after some freenas updates... It seems that I have nothing to do expect of waiting.

Today I installed update to 201606072003. I will not be surprised if the mail notification won't work in the next few days.

But in the meantime I changed my shutdown script to ensure, that I get an email. So i changed the line with
"shutdown -p now"
to
"echo "server is shutting down" | mail -s "shutdown" my@mail.com && sleep 40 && shutdown -p now"
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.