No error notification with e-mail on FreeNAS v8.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocolocko

Cadet
Hi @ all,

first i like to say thank you to all, who are working on this project!
FreeNAS is a very good System!
But i have a Problem with the email notification when a error occurred.
My System:

- 400W Power Supply Silverstone
- Asus E-350 Mainboard
- 4GB RAM (Kingston)
- 5 x 3TB Western Digital WD30EZRX (ZFS RaidZ2)
- 8GB USB Corsair Stick (FreeNAS OS v8.0.1)

Everthing is working fine, the email settings are right configured, but when i try to test for example, cut the power of one Hard Drive, the system is not mailing me a notification. FreeNAS only send a Mail after i do a reeboot.
What adjustments/settings can i check? Does some have tips for me?
Thanks in advance.

Greetings

Cocolocko

Durkatlon

Patron
Yes, this is a huge problem right now. There is no solution but plenty of discussion so far.

ProtoSD

MVP
Also, even if email was working, there are tons of people and discussions about pulling the power on drives to test the email and the system just doesn't notice the drive has gone offline or report it.

Durkatlon

Patron
... and even if you found out a drive had failed, the procedure for replacing it is fraught with peril and pitfalls.

ProtoSD

MVP
LOL, thanks for that Durk! It's true, but with the marketing hype on the ixSystems page you'd think different ;)

cocolocko

Cadet
So, will the latest version FreeNAS Stable build 0.7.2.7903 the better choice for business???

Greetings

ProtoSD

MVP
cocolocko,

I hate to say it, but at this point FreeNAS 8 is still young and has a bunch of glitches that just don't make it seem reliable enough for primetime business oriented use. It's even frustrating for some of the tech savvy people. It has a lot of potential, but a lot of potential headaches too.

cocolocko

Cadet
FreeNAS v8.0.3

Hi @ all again :)

is the problem (glitch :) ) on the new FreeNAS version 8.0.3 , if one Drive fail on ZFS RAID, that the System is directly mailing / informing me solved?
Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings and a happy, good new Year 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.