No available IP addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris pucknell

Explorer
From the GUI plugin menu, upon selecting a plugin to install, it gives me this error message:

No available IP addresses

What does that mean exactly?

D

dlavigne

Which version of FreeNAS? Can the FreeNAS system ping a domain name on the Internet?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Do you have any other plugins or jails installed? Under Jails -> configuration -> advanced mode, do you have IPv4 network, start address, and end address filled in? Are there available IPs in that range?

RobKamp

Dabbler
Same here. Has to do with selecting the "IPv4 DHCP:" checkbox in the "Jails/Configuration" form. Unselecting this box resolves this.

chris pucknell

Explorer
not sure how I resolved this but it's resolved now! I suspect I messed with the jails permissions... bad times

rogerh

Guru
There is a bug inherent in the individual jail configuration screens (not acknowledged by the developers) which allows you to set up the individual jails inconsistently with the general "jail configuration" screen. If you set up the general jail configuration dialogue with either DHCP or a specified range of addresses (outside your DHCP server's range), and allow the individual jails to set their own addresses (or perhaps choosing from the range you have specified would be safe) then the IP address seems to work. Setting up the individual jails either inconsistently with the general jails config or without setting the general config often seems to be a source of problems, and in my opinion letting us do this is a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.