WebGUI has become inaccessible when two NIC's each have an IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.

idatastore

Cadet
After a successful install of 8.0.3 x64, the webgui was accessible via the DHCP addresses leased. After a period of time, the webgui became inaccessible from any brand browser, and from any other computer on the private network. Reset to factory defaults did not provide immediate access to the webgui, however, after a period of time online, the webgui was accessible for a short time but then no longer responded. Have set ip addresses to static, however webgui is still not accessible. Lighttpd appears to be running on port 80 correctly. When connection is attempted from a browser, the ip address of the browser computer does show up on the freenas server. Initially bootup with 2 NIC's connected and 2 ip addresses obtained. Upon disconnection of one NIC, the webgui is then available. In settings, webgui address was set to the one ip address. Shutdown, connected second NIC which obtained a DHCP ip address. While the server has two NIC's with two IP addresses, the webgui is now not accessible. Upon disconnecting one NIC cable, reboot, the webgui is now available.

I want to have multiple NIC's. How to configure the server so that the webgui is accessible while having multiple IP addresses on the multiple NIC's?

G

gcooper

It works for me on multiple machines and VMs. Can you please provide more details, such as screenshots, netstat/sockstat output, the contents of /var/log/lighttpd.*.log , etc?

Daisuke

Contributor
I have dual Intel NIC's, no issues with LACP or individual usage.
I know FreeBSD is pretty picky on hardware, are both NIC's the same brand and model? I always used Intel NIC cards, they are the only reliable model that work flawless with any Linux box.

Related to that part:
Upon disconnecting one NIC cable, reboot, the webgui is now available.

Do you run a managed switch in your setup?

b1ghen

Contributor
I run dual NIC's separately without any problems, both gui and shares are available on both NIC's simultaneously. I do use only static IP's though.

Status
Not open for further replies.