Can't add new jails

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenNashua

Explorer
I'm now on 9.10 U1 and have some jails that have existed since 8.4 (?) days and trying to get them up to date.

I can add a new standard jail through simple mode, but with advanced mode I only have a VirtualBox jail template option.

Observed problems from reading various threads:

If I try to go to Plugins>Available>Install, I get a "No available IP addresses".
To resolve, I went to Jails>Configuration>Advanced Mode and tried to set the IP range, however it won't save:

upload_2016-12-6_9-14-12.png

Here's what my current jails look like:

upload_2016-12-6_9-14-49.png

As a work around, I tried to add a new plugin jail and simply upload plugins to that jail, however my jail templates seem out of whack as well:

upload_2016-12-6_9-15-58.png

Suggestions on where to go?

m0nkey_

MVP
If you're now on 9.10, you're pretty much stuck with your jails as they are. It was in the release notes that the jail root would need to be recreated.

http://download.freenas.org/9.10/latest/ReleaseNotes

Jails: FreeBSD Jails now default to a FreeBSD 10.3-RC2 based template. Old jails, or systems on which jails have been installed, will still default to the previous FreeBSD 9.3 based template. Only those machines using jails for the first time (or deleting and recreating their jails dataset) will use the new template.

KenNashua

Explorer
That's ok. I was going to upgrade and copy settings over, however I can't create a new plugin jail because of the No IP Address issues, nor can I create a new plugin jail. 9.3 template would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.