List of Jail Templates missing in 9.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scharbag

Guru
I am unsure if I broke something with 9.3 but I do not seem to have a list of jail templates in the advanced section when trying to add a jail. The only one that is listed is my VirtualBox template that was installed in 9.2.1.x.

http://download.freenas.org/jails/9.3/x64 is listed in the Collection URL field.

Please let me know if I am just being silly here. Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I am unsure if I broke something with 9.3 but I do not seem to have a list of jail templates in the advanced section when trying to add a jail. The only one that is listed is my VirtualBox template that was installed in 9.2.1.x.

http://download.freenas.org/jails/9.3/x64 is listed in the Collection URL field.

Please let me know if I am just being silly here. Any help would be great.

Cheers,
You're not being silly. That's our options now...

If you choose "-----" (or don't show the advanced options), that's your vanilla freebsd jail.
plugin jail template is hidden from the end user, and is only available when you install a plugin from the repo or from uploading a PBI.

Scharbag

Guru
Hmmm, but I only have ---- and my VirtualBox jail as options. Where did all the others go?

Also, there is a new VirtualBox jail is there not? 4.3.14? 4.3.12 is running just fine for me but would like to know. Or am I again being daft?

Thanks for your help!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hmmm, but I only have ---- and my VirtualBox jail as options. Where did all the others go?

Also, there is a new VirtualBox jail is there not? 4.3.14? 4.3.12 is running just fine for me but would like to know. Or am I again being daft?

Thanks for your help!
https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/7014#change-31425
Those are your only options. I think they stopped making linux jails.
I don't know anything about the Virtualbox jails...

Scharbag

Guru
Makes sense. Still just a little confused as to how to install the new version of VirtualBox as the only template I have is for 4.3.12 and that is one that I added a while back. Not a huge deal at this time as I have virtual box running after uploading my old config.

Cheers,

Scharbag

Guru
I have read through those. I still do not see how to add a virtual box jail in 9.3 without manually pointing to a V9.2.x jail. The jails directory on downloads.freenas.org/jails/9.3/x64/ only lists a plugin jail and a standard jail. .../jails/9.2/x64 lists a couple version of virtulbox (4.10 and 4.12) as well as a vboxtemplate.

I need to re-do my pools as (due to lack of foresight) I am running out of storage space. I would like to make sure that I can re-install virtual box in a new jail when required. If there is a newer version of VBOX, might as well del with that at the same time.

Again, sorry if I am being daft.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.