9.3 Jail Templates missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dlavigne

This is a feature as the many types of jails were confusing and unneeded. From http://doc.freenas.org/9.3/freenas_jails.html:

In FreeNAS® 9.3, two types of jails are supported:
  1. By default, a FreeBSD jail is created. This provides a very light-weight, operating system-level virtualization. Consider it as another independent instance of FreeBSD running on the same hardware, without all of the overhead usually associated with virtualization. The jail will install the FreeBSD software management utilities so that you can compile FreeBSD ports and install FreeBSD packages from the command line of the jail.
  2. A Virtualbox template is also provided. This template will install an instance of phpVirtualBox, which provides a web-based front-end to VirtualBox This can then be used to install any operating system and to use the software management tools provided by that operating system.
The What's New section also indicates why the Linux jails were removed. I'll add an extra bullet to that section indicating that all of the various FreeBSD templates have been merged into one.

mskenderian

Contributor
makes sense. this is a better approach. ya i upgrade.
the URL is not the one u mentioned. its the one i mentioned.
as far as my main box goes.
my remote backup boxes has the URL u mentioned.
and my work box also has the URL.

something is wrong with my main box.

D

dlavigne

I think that the migrator just didn't upgrade that one URL. Changing it should fix it.

D

dlavigne

Nope, that is a bug. Please report it at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

Status
Not open for further replies.