Nginx Proxy Manager won't deploy

humnwtrfal

Cadet
Hello,

I've installed Nginx Proxy Manager on my Truenas Scale server (TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.4). I've run into the issue that the app will install but is stuck deploying indefinitely. At one point I did get the app to deploy after leaving it alone for a few weeks but I had to restart it for an update and it has since reverted to not working. The application events log currently shows this:
2023-11-02 9:16:30 Startup probe failed: NOT OK

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue? I read that it might have something to do with the fact I am using a HDD pool instead of a SDD pool. The app is installed via the ixVolume.

juscox

Cadet
so i have been fighting this and randomly opened the docker shell and got the message in the picture, then returned to application list and it was deployed. replicated a couple times by deleting app. i also pointed host path to a ssd. sorry if this is gibberish but the app is deployed and accessable for me now.

Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 12.22.23 PM.png

Image 11-7-23 at 12.15 PM.jpeg

humnwtrfal

Cadet
so i have been fighting this and randomly opened the docker shell and got the message in the picture, then returned to application list and it was deployed. replicated a couple times by deleting app. i also pointed host path to a ssd. sorry if this is gibberish but the app is deployed and accessable for me now.

View attachment 72175

View attachment 72174
Thanks for the heads up. I actually went ahead and figured out what why Traefik wasn't working. I got everything set up for the Truecharts version of Nextcloud that I was deploying behind the reverse proxy. I had wanted to use the official Nextcloud app, but while it worked on my network, external connections kept getting the err_connection_aborted

caitken

Dabbler
Hello, I've installed Nginx Proxy Manager on my Truenas Scale server (TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.4). I've run into the issue that the app will install but is stuck deploying indefinitely. At one point I did get the app to deploy after leaving it alone for a few weeks but I had to restart it for an update and it has since reverted to not working. The application events log currently shows this: 2023-11-02 9:16:30 Startup probe failed: NOT OK Does anyone know what might be causing this issue? I read that it might have something to do with the fact I am using a HDD pool instead of a SDD pool. The app is installed via the ixVolume.

I'm having this exact issue - was there ever a resoluton?

chrisharling

Cadet
I've had this issue in the past. What solved it for me was installing my nginx app on my SSD Pool instead of the slower 5400RPM NAS Pool. I thought I remember hearing somewhere that you get time outs when trying to load from a traditional hard drive. I can replicate the issue by migrating my app pool back to the traditional drives. Migrate it to the SSD and it deploys "right away" (still takes about 2 minutes to deploy)

You have to add the ENV variable, then it will work.

S6_STAGE2_HOOK=sed -i $d /etc/s6-overlay/s6-rc.d/prepare/30-ownership.sh

There is a dirty hack to fix this issue is using s6 hook
Add to env variable following:

This will remove the last line that was added in version 2.10+ chown -R "$PUID:$PGID" /opt/certbot with takes a long time on HDD pools
You have to add the ENV variable, then it will work.

loretacc

Cadet
There is a dirty hack to fix this issue is using s6 hook
Add to env variable following:

This will remove the last line that was added in version 2.10+ chown -R "$PUID:$PGID" /opt/certbot with takes a long time on HDD pogot it workingols
got it working thanks to you!