NFS wont connect after upgrading to 9.2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hash

Dabbler
well as it says... It worked perfectly in 9.2.0 and now it doesn't. Basically Iv found that if I restart the service do..

mount -t nfs 192.168.x.x:/mnt/tank/media /mnt/media -otcp,vers=3

right after I restart the service I can connect, it takes longer then it should, however if I unmount and try to remount with the same command it will not remount.

the -v option posts this.

$ sudo mount -v -t nfs 192.168.x.x:/mnt/tank/media /mnt/media -otcp,vers=3
mount.nfs: timeout set for Thu Feb 13 13:06:14 2014
mount.nfs: trying text-based options 'tcp,vers=3,addr=192.168.1.18'
mount.nfs: prog 100003, trying vers=3, prot=6
mount.nfs: trying 192.168.1.18 prog 100003 vers 3 prot TCP port 2049
mount.nfs: prog 100005, trying vers=3, prot=6
mount.nfs: trying 192.168.1.18 prog 100005 vers 3 prot TCP port 737
mount.nfs: portmap query failed: RPC: Timed out

before the upgrade I would just do
mount -t nfs 192.168.x.x:/mnt/tank/media /mnt/media
and it would mount extremely quickly without any issues but that will no longer work at all.

Edit: I just tried waiting some time and trying to mount it and it mounted on the first time but then its like there is a lockout for mounting again. I cant mount because it just keeps timing out after.

D

dlavigne

This changed in 9.2.1:
  • By default, NFS UDP support is disabled as it confuses some clients. A "Serve UDP NFS clients" checkbox has been added to NFS to override this default.
Does your NFS client require UDP?

Hash

Dabbler
Im not really sure, I dont think so. I added the tcp option in the fstab but it still wouldn't connect. doing the mount command with -otcp only works sometimes. Its kinda like it will only let you connect to the server once then you have to wait a few min to try and connect again or it will just keep rejecting.

I already went back to 9.2.0 but ill make a box and work it out on the update when I get more time. Iv just been really busy lately.

Tabmow

Cadet
The same thing happens to me with NFS currently after the latest upgrade to 9.2.1.3.
I have had general stability issues around the NFS/CIFS functionality as well, mounts not working, not being able to add shares, the nfs daemon not stopping and starting properly etc....
Any ideas where to start looking?

Hash

Dabbler
Recently changed distributions and the nfs mounts worked perfectly. I'm not sure why but it is definitely on the client side.

Status
Not open for further replies.